What are we about?
Nurturing safe and spacious places for those outside the heterosexual mainstream to explore and grow in faith in Jesus Christ.
To see sexual minorities encounter and grow in Christ-centered discipleship marked by radical trust, robust hope and fearless love.
Our Core Values
- All people
are created in the image of God and have inherent worth and value.
- God loves unconditionally those who question,
struggle or find themselves outside the heterosexual mainstream.
- Sexual minorities should be treated with the
justice and respect that is consistent with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- In an age of rapid cultural change, we seek
to be innovative and open to new ways of doing ministry.
- In the midst of overstated political
correctness, we seek to promote the use of language that builds bridges rather
than barriers and commit to rigorously reviewing our language usage on a
- God has called the church to relate
graciously with those outside the heterosexual mainstream, providing a safe,
supportive environment in which to experience God's healing love and healthy,
- Trusting in God's transforming power and
desire for wholeness, and knowing this occurs through intimate relationship
with Christ, we are discipleship focused not change-driven. We seek to encourage people in vibrant,
wholehearted commitment to loving and serving Jesus Christ.
- In all aspects of our ministry, we seek to
be relationally focused not program-driven.
- We commit to meeting people where they are
with the understanding that everyone's journey is unique.
- We are partnership focused not empire
driven. We seek to collaborate and work
with others whenever possible.
- We seek to posture ourselves in full
dependence on the Holy Spirit's leading in each individual's life.
- We recognize the limitations of our
interpretations, experiences, and discernment and willingly concede that we "could be wrong"
- We choose to welcome tension, paradox and
uncertainty, not as detractors to faith, but as vital aspects of our journey
- We seek to model and promote the
unconditional, radical hospitality of Jesus Christ by welcoming all people into
conversation, relationship and the journey of exploring and growing in faith.
- We nurture spacious places where all people
have the opportunity to feel safe to explore, ask questions, wrestle, and find
new ways to navigate relationship with those with whom they disagree.