Here are some of the questions we get asked by church people:
- Do you believe homosexuality is a sin?
- Do you support gay marriage?
- Do you think gay people need to repent?
- Do you think gay people should be leaders in the church?
- How can we love gay people even though we believe gay relationships are sinful?
- How can we welcome gay people when our denomination has clear statements about marriage being only for heterosexuals?
Some of these questions are really unhelpful – mainly because they shut down conversation rather than open it up. The first five in the list are considered “close-ended” questions.